The RPG Forums
Hey! Welcome to the RPG Forums, if you're new here, be sure to look around, if you're a veteran, glad you're sticking around!

If you're a guest, be sure to join for lots of fun!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Magus- A Fantasy RPG

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Magus- A Fantasy RPG on Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:22 pm

d00m

The Queer Admin
The Queer Admin
The world of Emeryn is in peril. The dragons have fled. King Angwyse faces manipulation and treachery. The Sorcerers' Conclave faces a dire threat from within as one of its members makes a desperate bid for power. And, in all of the chaos, The Door is left ungaurded...

Welcome to Emeryn. This once beautiful land now faces rising tensions and strife. The High King, Angwyse, is in grave danger as one of the otherr members of the royal family seeks to murder and discredit him. At the same time, the Sorcerers' Conclave, a powerful organisation of magic users created thousands of years ago for a purpose now lost to time, is engaged in a wizardly civil war as one of its most powerful members, Elmgrim the Enchanter, seeks control of the organization, and the very world. More and more of the Conclave are stirred to his side, while those who are still loyal to the Arcane Council fight desperately to stop him. Both Elmgrim and the unknown traitor, however, are working for the same master: the dark and mysterious being that drove the dragons away. That being now seeks to open The Doors, a massive gateway that has been closed for generations and is now left ungaurded. Nobody remembers what is behind those Doors, only that those ancient texts that have survived make it very clear that they must stay closed... forever.

RULES:
1. All TRF rules.
2. NO ELEMENTAL POWERS! That's right, I said it. You CANNOT control an element. No Fire, Ice, Water, Air, Earth, Stone, Light, Darkness, Metal, Plant Life, Gravity, Time, Electricity, or Duct Tape powers allowed. Your power may allow you to control one of these, but it should not be the main focus.
3. What powers there are must be though out and balanced with a weakness for every power. I want at least three sentances for your powers section. That said, your character does not need a power. Because every power must include an explicit weakness, you may have as many or as few powers as you like, but the characters will remain equal.
3. No using more than one power at a time. If you have a character who can fly and is superstrong, they can't be flying while carrying a car.
4. The rule about powers and weaknesses applies to magical weapons.
5. There is a limit of three characters per player. That said, as the host, I may introduce as many NPCs as I need to keep the RPG moving.
6. This is a fantasy RPG. In other words, keep it fantasy. That's all I'm going to say on the subject.

FORM:
Code:
Name: (Should be in the style of those above.)
Powers: (If any)
Personality:
Appearance: (Pic or description, no BannedStories please. You may use Heromachine 2.5)
Bio:
Other: (Add one for each additional fact.)
The final element listed:
Confirmation:

Name: Kindre
Powers: Like all sorcerers, Kindre has certian magical specialties. Kindre's is that he is able to control anything he can deduce the True Name of. This includes bringing that thing into existance or controlling it if it is already there. Misnaming something has dire consequences, potentially turning the thing against him or causing some other undesireable side effect. Kindre also has the skill of binding, which allows him to link two objects and use one to affect the other. For example, he can snap a twig, causing the tree it came from to break. However, doing such things becomes harder with distance and dissimilarities between the objects. So, in the example, breaking the tree using the stick would take even more energy than doing it using a more conventional method.
Personality: Kindre is insecure and nervous about his powers and his position as a sorcerer. He feels inadequete and fears that it's all some sort of cosmic joke or mistake. He doesn't have any ambitions beyond not utterly failing in a very public manner.
Appearance:
Bio: Kindre was a fairly average boy who, at the age of eight, was identified by the Conclave as having magical potential. Kindre was rather unimportant, bullied by his peers and assinged menial tasks by his superiors. Since Elmgrim's betrayal, he has become more visibly important, being one of the few Initiate Sorcerers that didn't join the Rogue Enchanter.
Other #1: Kindre has a pet drakeling named Ravoth.
Other #2: Though only the Arcane Council is aware of it, Kindre has a magical potential rating of 63, the highest ever discovered. Whether he will live up to that potential is unknown.

2 Re: Magus- A Fantasy RPG on Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Meap

The Admin King
The Admin King
Name: Aldere
Powers: She can manipulate the energy that is hidden inside of each human being. Doing this can allow her to speak to anything that has this energy, through the spirit, and she can speak to animals because their energy levels are greater than that of a human. She cannot stand the darkness, and the power of darkness or seeing into a dark energy can extremely weaken her or put her into a state of shock, which is why she is wary of who's energy she manipulates.
Personality: Aldere is a quiet, shy type. She is close to the creatures of the land, as she can speak with their energy, as theirs is greater than that of a human. She is smarter than most give her credit for, mainly because they've never spoken with her. (awww what? No duct tape powers? XDDD)
Appearance:
Bio: Aldere grew up in the wilderness, no family, except that of the creatures. She never really spoke aloud much, as she only spoke to her 'friends' through energy means. She, on occasion, visited the society of the other beings, but never made contact with them, except for when buying food and such. She was kidnapped at a young age, when her power was discovered, but managed to escape. She was recognized by many people since that time and swore revenge on her kidnappers, because, when kidnapping her, they destroyed most of her home.
Other: None
Confirmation: Approved.

View user profile

3 Re: Magus- A Fantasy RPG on Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:23 am

LittleMiss

The Artsy Admin
The Artsy Admin
Name: Akae [ah-kay]
Powers: Akae can control duct tape motion; usually speed (though she can't control time, she can sometimes create the elusion that she slowed down time by making everyone else move in slow motion). She also has hand-eye coordination that is better than that of any human or non-human. These two abilities make her a great archer.
Personality: Akae is, in one word, rude. She's not very friendly with most, but will usually try to tolerate them. She could care less what others think of her and usually ignores them.
Appearance: Akae is a humanoid with fox-like characteristics. She has a fox like snout and fox ears as well as a tail. She however as human-like hands, though covered in fur like the rest of her body. Her arms/hands and legs/feet are covered in black fur. The front of her body is covered in white fur (other than the head and shoulders) and everything else is red fur. As for her face, below her mouth has white fur and the rest is red. She has amber eyes and black ears. She has short brown hair, with two long, small braids in the front (one on each side of her face). She wears a green dress with a rope tied around her waist. She also wears a brown "cape" with a hoodie. The cape stops at her white-tipped tail. She wears a brown quiver that holds her hand-made arrows. She has a long bow made of birch wood as well.
Bio: Akae never knew her family. She lived with a family of cat people, who were apparently close friends to her parents. She grew up with Farle (who hopefully decides to sign-up eventually...come on spiritflame =P) [far-lay] in a small village known as Milag [Mill-lodge]. She doesn't trust anyone outside that village unless Farle does.
Other: She speaks with a british accent =3

Last edited by LittleMiss on Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

4 Re: Magus- A Fantasy RPG on Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:23 pm

Name: Farle
Powers: Highly charismatic, with slight telepathic abilities that she uses to try to get weak-minded others to trust her easily. This is tiring however, and ineffective to those who guard their minds or those with high intelligience. Also, this requires much concentration and weakens with distance.
Personality: She appears to be a 'goody-two-shoes' if there ever was one. She was loved by the village and befriended everyone, even Akae. She's seems naive, but is really cunning and knows much about the world around her, and even the animals in the forest around Milag all seem to love her. As Akae knows, she is really a darker person who somewhat enjoys toying with other's emotions.
Appearance: [As LM described, a cat-person] She has the color patterns of a bengal (type of housecat) and silky orange-and-cream fur covers her entire humanoid frame with black spotted markings. She has a black nose and whiskers which fan out (like a real cat's) when she becomes angry or frightened. Her ears and tail are black-tipped. Her hands are similar to human hands, but the nails are sharper and the palms are rougher and greyish (same for feet). She wears a dark green shirt and pants (with a hole for her tail) and has light brown short hair that goes down to her shoulders. Her eyes are bright green with a slight reflective glint. Under that happy-go-lucky attitude is a hardcore thief however, and she keeps several small throwing daggers in seperate places, held by their own leather cases.
Bio: Her family was young, like Akae's when her parents 'disapeared'. Akae was abandoned and Farle's parents ended up caring for the two children, making them as close as siblings. [LM...you took all the good parts of their bio!]
Other: One of the only 'people' in her village who could put up with Akae's sudden mood swings and rudeness. She also uses her claws for a lockpick, but this only works for small locks. Neither Akae or Farle trust many others, although Farle may seem to.

View user profile http://almost every MMO gamesite you can imagine, and more of th

5 Re: Magus- A Fantasy RPG on Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:39 pm

d00m

The Queer Admin
The Queer Admin
<The RPG will begin later tonight, so that anyone else who wants to join before then can do so.>

6 Re: Magus- A Fantasy RPG on Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:05 pm

LittleMiss

The Artsy Admin
The Artsy Admin
((Sounds good to me.

And look at that. Akae and Farle are like Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley from Pride and Prejudice. 'Cept in this version Farle (Mr. Bingley) is partly evil. Lol, I'm such a nerd =P))

7 Re: Magus- A Fantasy RPG on Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:26 pm

(I was feeling like I did too many 'good' charries and wanted to do a sinister one for a change. And tonight--soon/now-ish will be fine.)

View user profile http://almost every MMO gamesite you can imagine, and more of th

8 Re: Magus- A Fantasy RPG on Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:47 pm

d00m

The Queer Admin
The Queer Admin
<I declare this RPG to be OPEN! My IC will come later, when I have the time to do it properly.>

9 Re: Magus- A Fantasy RPG on Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:33 pm

Meap

The Admin King
The Admin King
Aldere was standing above the city, on a hill that led into the forest. The wind blew her hair backwards, as it was down, rather than in a braid like usual. One of the surviving animals from the earlier destruction waddled over to her. She smiled down at it and sat to watch the chaos in the city below with it.

View user profile

10 Re: Magus- A Fantasy RPG on Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:39 pm

((LM, should Akae and Farle be in or out of the village when something interesting happens?))

11 Re: Magus- A Fantasy RPG on Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:16 pm

LittleMiss

The Artsy Admin
The Artsy Admin
((I was considering asking you if the city mentioned earlier could be Milag))

12 Re: Magus- A Fantasy RPG on Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:24 pm

d00m

The Queer Admin
The Queer Admin
Elmgrim sat, deep in thought, when he felt a presence in his mind that was not his own.
What is your status, Enchanter?
It was The Master. It was never good when The Master called unexpectedly. It often bode ill to come.
Yes, my liege? Elmgrim thought back nervously.
The wind brings me tidings, Elmgrim, and a task for you...
High King Angwyse paced nervously across the floor of his private chamber. Rumors of dissention grew more common everyday, and he suspected a traitor among the Royal Family. He needed a way to control his people, and a method of flushing out his suspected traitor. Fortunately, the magic in his kingdom just might provide both.
Summoning a sevant, the High King initiated his tentative plan. "Summon Chief Courier Rontin. I have a Search I need performed..."
Report.
The Traitor sat up, startled by the mental command. He summoned Rontin, as you warned he might.
Hmm. No matter, we will simply have to speed up our plans...
"Elmgrim's attacks are becoming more frequent, and more devestating. We must take action." As he spoke, Faradan, Head of the Arcane Council, glanced the the faces of the other Council members, studying their reactions.
"If we mobilized the boy, we might be able to shatter Elmgrim's wards and take his Tower." Suggested Giryont, one of the comparatively younger members.
"No. The boy is not yet fully trained. Until he is, we cannot risk disclosing to him his power."
"I'm getting nowhere, Ravoth." Kindre fretted as he rinsed his hair for the hundredth time. It had been over a day since the last failed spell. You would think his hair would smell at least a little less pungently of sulfur for the time and effort...
"I've made my choice, Ravoth. I've been thinking for a long time, and I've decided to leave here. This training isn't helping me. Maybe just being out there and oing it will." Kindre sighed. "The Council will never let me go, though. Not with the shortage of young practitioners. We'll have to slip out late, tonight, and be gone before they can stop us."

Last edited by d00m on Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

13 Re: Magus- A Fantasy RPG on Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:37 am

((I mentioned a city? I ment Milag, yeah, and Doom, that was a loong post.))

14 Re: Magus- A Fantasy RPG on Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:41 am

Meap

The Admin King
The Admin King
(d000000000m Can you make the people get me involved or come and get me or something, because I don't really know what else to do)

View user profile

15 Re: Magus- A Fantasy RPG on Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:31 pm

d00m

The Queer Admin
The Queer Admin
<Never fear, Yellow. Your character dovetails nicely with my plans, and will be involved in them quite soon. As in, starting now.>

The Dirj stood on the lip of the cave, looking down the cliff face to the ground below. It was a large being, with a lampry-type circular mouth, ripping talons, and wings like a pterodactyl.
"You are to find someone for me. A girl." The sorcerer had said. "You are to bring her to me alive as quickly as possible. When you do, I will give you the meat of your choice, in greater quantities than you can eat."
So that was that. The Dirj had been given the scent, and now he departed on the hunt.
With a mournful cry, The Dirj launched itself into the sky, its terrible hwl trailing behind it.

16 Re: Magus- A Fantasy RPG on Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:19 pm

Meap

The Admin King
The Admin King
"It's been a while since I've been back to help the reconstruction project hasn't it Kaka?" Yellow asked the creature and it nodded back at her. "I promise I'll help tomorrow, right now I just want to enjoy my life, before I get dragged into the misery of the cityfolk."

View user profile

17 Re: Magus- A Fantasy RPG on Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:35 pm

((And how do LM's and my charries fit into your master plan d00m?))

18 Re: Magus- A Fantasy RPG on Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:08 pm

LittleMiss

The Artsy Admin
The Artsy Admin
((Yellow I thought your charries name was Aldere xD
Don't worry, eventually you'll get used to it
Heck, I've made that mistake once =D

Oh and d00m, how does our charries fit into your master plan. Milag can't be the destroyed city, since Milag is more of a small village that no one cares about...))

19 Re: Magus- A Fantasy RPG on Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:56 pm

Meap

The Admin King
The Admin King
(Goshdangit. I can't really get used to names I never use~)

View user profile

20 Re: Magus- A Fantasy RPG on Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:06 pm

d00m

The Queer Admin
The Queer Admin
SpiritFlame wrote:((And how do LM's and my charries fit into your master plan d00m?))
LittleMiss wrote:
((Yellow I thought your charries name was Aldere xD
Don't worry, eventually you'll get used to it
Heck, I've made that mistake once =D

Oh and d00m, how does our charries fit into your master plan. Milag can't be the destroyed city, since Milag is more of a small village that no one cares about...))
High King Angwyse paced nervously across the floor of his private chamber. Rumors of dissention grew more common everyday, and he suspected a traitor among the Royal Family. He needed a way to control his people, and a method of flushing out his suspected traitor. Fortunately, the magic in his kingdom just might provide both.
Summoning a sevant, the High King initiated his tentative plan. "Summon Chief Courier Rontin. I have a Search I need performed..."

"'ave Oi 'eard any tales 'boot magic in th' village?" The bartender rubbed at the back of his neck, not certain he'd heard right.
"Not magic. Magic children." Rontin watched as the man's dog-like features wrinkled as he pondered the question.
"Weel naow, Oi've 'eard rumors of magecraft in th' Riabhach 'ouse. There moight be th' place teh look."
"Thank you." Rontin looked down, pondering his mug. "Another drink, please."
"Be roight up, Sor."

Last edited by d00m on Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

21 Re: Magus- A Fantasy RPG on Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:40 pm

Farle was already outside, practicing her accuracy with her throwing knives at the nearby trees. A fair number of assorted wildlife seemed eerily content just to watch her, and seemed fearless in her presence.

22 Re: Magus- A Fantasy RPG on Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:01 pm

LittleMiss

The Artsy Admin
The Artsy Admin
((lol whoops.))

Akae sat near Farle, sharpening her arrows as she leaned against a tree. She fixed the string on her bow and put the arrows in her quiver. Getting up, she slung the quiver onto her shoulder. She positioned her bow and pulled out an arrow. Pulling the arrow back, she shot one of the knives that was still on the tree.

23 Re: Magus- A Fantasy RPG on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:31 pm

Meap

The Admin King
The Admin King
Aldere sat, and Kaka curled up in her lap and she sat outside the city, watching the people move frantically about below.

View user profile

24 Re: Magus- A Fantasy RPG on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:51 pm

d00m

The Queer Admin
The Queer Admin
SpiritFlame wrote:Farle was already outside, practicing her accuracy with her throwing knives at the nearby trees. A fair number of assorted wildlife seemed eerily content just to watch her, and seemed fearless in her presence.
LittleMiss wrote:
((lol whoops.))

Akae sat near Farle, sharpening her arrows as she leaned against a tree. She fixed the string on her bow and put the arrows in her quiver. Getting up, she slung the quiver onto her shoulder. She positioned her bow and pulled out an arrow. Pulling the arrow back, she shot one of the knives that was still on the tree.
Rontin stood, just out of sight, watching the pair. They were odd, right enough. Magic was a definate possibility. That settled, it was time for contact. Stepping into view, the royal courier cleared his throat.

Yellow wrote:Aldere sat, and Kaka curled up in her lap and she sat outside the city, watching the people move frantically about below.
The Dirj circled high, gazing down at its quarry. From the ground, it would appear to be nothing more than one of the large mountain birds that were common in this area. As long as the people were far enough away not to notice the difference. It was when he dropped lower that they were in trouble.
The prey... No, not prey, this one couldn't be eaten. The target was sitting on a hilltop, too far from the city for any other people to reach her in time. That was too bad; The Dirj would have liked a snack.
But that didn't matter. There would be plenty of meat once this one was caught. The thought spurred The Dirg to action and, howling like a banshee, the creature dove, straight towards Aldere.

25 Re: Magus- A Fantasy RPG on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:57 pm

Meap

The Admin King
The Admin King
Aldere screamed as the creature approached. She stood, ducked away and tossed Kaka into the forest. "Go for help Kaka!" she called, and the creature ran into the forest. She tried to avoid the creature as long as she could, but it was inevitable that she would get captured.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum