The RPG Forums
Hey! Welcome to the RPG Forums, if you're new here, be sure to look around, if you're a veteran, glad you're sticking around!

If you're a guest, be sure to join for lots of fun!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Hunger Games

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1 The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:22 am

LittleMiss

The Artsy Admin
The Artsy Admin
Non-Career Intro (See District Info): You're standing there, in your nicest apparel. Not me, not me, not me... you repeat in your head, hoping that if you say it enough it will come true. Then the unthinkable happens. You hear your name called. It echoes in your mind, and suddenly you feel dizzy. You can barely walk on the stage to take your seat next to your fellow tribute. There goes your hopes and dreams.

Career Intro (See District Info): You can hardly contain yourself. This is the day you've been training for all those years. But your name isn't called. They haven't even asked for volunteers by the time you've scrambled up the stage to take his/her place. You won't let someone else take your spot. Your dream is finally fulfilled. Your going to the games!

District Info:
1: Makes luxury goods for the capitol. Tributes are usually volunteer Career Tributes who have trained their whole life to be in the games.
2: Makes medicine. Tributes are usually volunteer Career Tributes who have trained their whole life to be in the games.
3: Make machinery. Tributes usually dread being picked for the Hunger Games and consider it a death sentence.
4: Catch Fish. Tributes are usually volunteer Career Tributes who have trained their whole life to be in the games.
5: Breed/Splice DNA. Tributes usually dread being picked for the Hunger Games and consider it a death sentence.
6: Scientific Research. Tributes usually dread being picked for the Hunger Games and consider it a death sentence.
7: Lumber and Construction. Tributes usually dread being picked for the Hunger Games and consider it a death sentence.
8: Weave/Make Clothes. Tributes usually dread being picked for the Hunger Games and consider it a death sentence.
9: Hunt/Process Food. Tributes usually dread being picked for the Hunger Games and consider it a death sentence.
10: Mathematical! Tributes usually dread being picked for the Hunger Games and consider it a death sentence.
11: Agriculture. Tributes usually dread being picked for the Hunger Games and consider it a death sentence.
12: Mine Coal. Tributes usually dread being picked for the Hunger Games and consider it a death sentence.

*You don't have to follow the status quo of the districts. Their can be non-careers from one and careers from 9, etc. It's just what the stereotypes are.

Sign-up:
Name: (This is in the distant future. i.e. Poorer districts sometimes have plant names and richer districts have weirder names -i.e. Glimmer- 1,2, and 4 and rich districts. Again, you don't have to follow the status quo.)
Age (12-18):
Appearance:
Personality:
District:
Career Tribute?:

Name: Foxglove "Fox" Yap (Don't ask about the last name...It was on Behind the Surname o-O)
Age (12-18): 16
Appearance: Fox has long beautiful blond hair that makes her eyes seem out-of-place: they are a piercing green color that are almost always full of hatred. She wore a fennec fox hide dress with moccasins during the reaping (when they pick the names of the tributes). She usually wears an old cloth shirt and pants and goes barefoot.
Personality: Fox is deceitful and cunning. She has experience with hunting because of the district she is from. If she made an alliance, she would kill the allies when the time came without even blinking. She doesn't trust people easily and didn't even have any friends at home. Similar to the plant she was names after, she is beautiful but can kill you at any given time.
District: 9
Career Tribute?: She volunteered but she's not a career tribute. It was somewhat of an act of suicide since she doesn't really like her life anyways. She was an orphan with no family anyways, so she felt like there was no reason to live.

If you have any additional questions just ask ^^

Last edited by LittleMiss on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:29 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edit Sign-Up)

2 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:36 am

Meap

The Admin King
The Admin King
Name: Selwyn Everglade
Age (12-18): 15
Appearance: Selwyn has dirty blonde hair and soft blue eyes. He usually stands out in his district, because most of their eyes have lost glimmer and hope, originally, his were full of hope, until he was picked for the games. He usually wears a black t-shirt with one of the sleeves ripped off and a faded bit of writing on the back that is now illegible. He wears khaki pants as well, but they're covered with dirt and grime. His shoes are torn on the front of the left, and they're basically covered with mud.
Personality: Selwyn is a quiet, keeps-to-himself kind of guy. He doesn't talk much, but thinks everything through before he does it, or at least he did, because now he doesn't have time to think. He is a bit sullen, but tries to be upbeat, even though his appearance doesn't suggest that he would be.
District: 5
Career Tribute?: No

View user profile

3 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:25 pm

Name: Clover Midwinter
Appearance: Clover has straight red neck-length hair, brown eyes, and pale skin. She wears a blank brown long-sleeved t-shirt with a half of one of the sleeves ripped off, and ripped denim jeans. Her choice of footwear is a pair of brown tennis shoes that look like they're falling apart.
Personality: Clover is a kind of person that would stop at nothing to get what she would want, to the point it could be fatal for her. She doesn't mind sacrificing herself in situations, and she is selfless enough to help others when they need it. However, she is usually not careful, and usually acts before she thinks.
District: 6
Career Tribute?: Yes.

View user profile

4 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:32 pm

LittleMiss

The Artsy Admin
The Artsy Admin
((We can start, and anyone else can join late if they want.
So...do you want to start on the day of training where they give scores based on how well they perform or do you want to just give me the scores they got and what they did to get it and we can start at the arena?))

5 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:34 pm

Meap

The Admin King
The Admin King
(I wanna get to ze action yo)

View user profile

6 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:37 pm

((Action please.))

7 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:42 pm

LittleMiss

The Artsy Admin
The Artsy Admin
((That's what I thought. Tell me what you're character is good at and how good your character is at it on a scale of 1-12. i.e. Fox is good at knife-throwing and her score is 7. It helps with giving you gifts from 'sponsors.' I need to know if your charrie will get 'em))

8 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:44 pm

Meap

The Admin King
The Admin King
(I'd give Selwyn a 7.5, because he's good at long distance kills, usually with bows, or darts, etc.)

View user profile

9 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:47 pm

LittleMiss

The Artsy Admin
The Artsy Admin
((Selwyn's from a splicing district...could you explain why he's good at that?
OHHH you haven't gotten to the part where Katniss finds out that other districts are stricter...like the gates are always electrified, poaching gets you killed, etc.
Well if it's something else let me know. Just curious ^^))

10 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:50 pm

Meap

The Admin King
The Admin King
(IDKKKK Defeated I just made something up.... maybe he like... kills things through ze fence or something??)

View user profile

11 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:52 pm

LittleMiss

The Artsy Admin
The Artsy Admin
((Lol you made something up =3
He could play darts for fun perhaps...?
I just made something up to xD))

12 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:54 pm

Meap

The Admin King
The Admin King
(I guess.... sure... that works. He throws darts for fun Cool )

View user profile

13 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:55 pm

((I don't know what to do for my character... Any ideas?))

View user profile

14 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Meap

The Admin King
The Admin King
(Maybe she's good at making poisons or deadly chemicals, because her district works with scientific research?)

View user profile

15 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:58 pm

LittleMiss

The Artsy Admin
The Artsy Admin
((Or maybe she's good at camo, knot-tying, sword-swingin', running, etc.))

16 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:01 pm

((Hmm.... Great idea! I'll give her a 7.5 because she is good at making poisons and other deadly chemicals.))

17 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:02 pm

Meap

The Admin King
The Admin King
(I'm so pwn Cool Razz I wish)

View user profile

18 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:09 pm

LittleMiss

The Artsy Admin
The Artsy Admin
((There is no halves. We can't all have the same score either... so I'll give fox a 9 and we can start (hey, her district hunts. What can I say?)))

After Fox got into the outfit that everyone else would be wearing to, a water proof shirt and pants with boots, she walked onto the platform. It lifted her up, and in front of her was a clearing in a vast rainforest. In the center of the clearing, the all-too-well-known Cornucopia. The Cornucopia is a large, bronze cone that curves up. It was several yards away from her, overflowing with weapons and supplies. About 20 feet in front of her were daggers, screaming her name. It would be safe to grab those and avoid the blood-bath at the horn. She could also pick up anything between her and the daggers; though they would be of less value since the items lose value as they get farther from the Cornucopia. She had to think fast, for she only had a minute to think this through before the gong rang. If anyone left there metal platform before the gong, they would be blown to bits. Not exactly the best strategy to win the games.

19 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:12 pm

((Okay. I'm just going to have an 7 for the score.))

Last edited by Comica Dreams on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

20 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:13 pm

LittleMiss

The Artsy Admin
The Artsy Admin
(Too bad I round down
Now roleplay >=D)

21 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:15 pm

Meap

The Admin King
The Admin King
Selwyn closed his eyes as the platform lifted him up into the rainforest. He was wearing shorts, because they were better for his running, and a water proof shirt. He saw the Cornucopia ahead of him, but he realized that most of the dumber contestants would be running for it right away. That's when he saw a small tube, and a bag of darts, lying about 18 feet ahead. They'd be his ally, though they were small, they did damage when you knew how to use them. He saw a bow and arrow as well, but they were lying closer to the Cornucopia, which isn't where he wanted to go at the moment. The gong would ring any second. He could feel his heart pounding in his chest. He knew that if he wanted to stay alive for at least the first portion of the game, heading for the Cornucopia right away would be suicide, and would be the worst possible strategy.

View user profile

22 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:22 pm

LittleMiss

The Artsy Admin
The Artsy Admin
((You don't get an option on what you where, but when the games start feel free to cut them =/))

About half way in the minute, Fox decided going to the Cornucopia would be her best bet. Once she got a hold of those daggers, she could hide them in the pouch (it was only 10 feet from her) and easily pull them out if she was attacked. She made a plan to get a spear, a water bottle, and maybe something else extra. If she volunteered for the games, she was no better that a Career. So why not act like one? She thought to herself. It could get me some sponsors anyways.

((After Comica posts, I'll make the gong go off. If she takes to long we can start anyways ;P))

23 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:25 pm

Meap

The Admin King
The Admin King
Selwyn thought for a moment. His legs would be less moveable if he didn't cut these pants a little. So, the nearest dagger was too close to another girl, so he decided he'd have to go for the Cornucopia and snatch something, and then make off with it, before anybody had a chance to attack.

View user profile

24 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:34 pm

LittleMiss

The Artsy Admin
The Artsy Admin
((Stop copying me D=
Lol jk.))

25 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:36 pm

Clover closed her eyes as she walked onto the platform in a water-proof shirt, pants, and boots. The platform lifted her up and she quickly looked at the cornucopia, and then looked around to see anything else. She then saw a few test tubes about 23 feet away, and quickly grabbed one of them.

"I could use these in an emergency in more than one way," Clover thought as she knew the gong could go off at any minute, "or at least in the future if I even get out alive."

Last edited by Comica Dreams on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum