The RPG Forums
Hey! Welcome to the RPG Forums, if you're new here, be sure to look around, if you're a veteran, glad you're sticking around!

If you're a guest, be sure to join for lots of fun!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Hunger Games

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51 Re: The Hunger Games on Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:20 pm

d00m

The Queer Admin
The Queer Admin
Name: Marquain Trist
Appearance: Marquain has curly black hair that he wears about shoulder length, light olive skin and cheerful dark eyes. He is quite tall and gangly.
Personality: Marquain is a Career by trade, but not by heart. He's witty and humorous, which helped him greatly during the interviews. He has been indoctrinated to the point where he can easily off most anyone, but he secretly fears that when it comes down to it, he will be unable to kill a friend. He is skilled at improvising and making due with what he has, and his favorite weapon is the spear, though he is better with a sword at closer range. He recieved a training score of ten, though he is not the generally favored winner for the year.
District: 1
Career Tribute?: Yep.

52 Re: The Hunger Games on Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:53 pm

LittleMiss

The Artsy Admin
The Artsy Admin
((Accepted! Work your way in.))

53 Re: The Hunger Games on Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:45 pm

d00m

The Queer Admin
The Queer Admin
Marquain had his back to the Cornucopia. Blood was trickling from a cut across his cheek, and from his right side. He couldn't feel his left index finger, so that was probably gone too. He knew the pain would hit soon. Still, most of the other Tributes had run into the forest by now. Twelve had run almost off the bat, he guessed, and two more had left since then. He'd counted seven cannon shots all told. So that left him two others still there, neither a Career; his district partner had run, and the Careers from 2 and 4 had left early. Probably going to come back later, once they figured he was good and tired. He'd have to finish this quich, get the best loot, and run like heck.

They came at him together. A spear in the chest ended one, but the other got in close, too close for the spear, and Marquain hadn't had a chance to grab a sword yet. The other tribute's sword bit into his leg, and Marquain stifled a gasp of agony. Whipping around his spear, he caught his opponent in the head with the metal shaft, pain fueling his swing. A dull crack; the other Tribute's neck was broken.

Bending down, Marquain grabbed the sword and sword belt from the fallen Tribute. Next, he found a medical pack, quickly treating and binding his wounds. Next, supplies. He chose carefully; he'd need all the help he could get. Night vision glasses, a tarp, some rope, a small knife, some dried rations, a flashlight and spare batteries, an untouched medical pack, a water bottle, a lighter... All gone, safe into his black backpack. Buckling on the sword belt, Marquain spied one more item that might be useful. It was a cloak, good for keeping warm, and its color almost seemed to flicker. It would be very hard to see once he got into the forest. Taking it, he threw it about his shoulders, tied it, and threw the hood up. Then, leaning on his spear like a crutch, Marquain made his way towards the forest, unknowingly going the same way as Foxglove, Selwyn, and his district partner. (The Career that passed them.) Soon, he heard the sound of running water. As his feet sloshed into the stream, he fell to his hands and knees. He didn't notice the two other Tributes not ten feet away on the opposite bank.

54 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:11 am

Meap

The Admin King
The Admin King
Selwyn was about to scream, when his hand clamped over his mouth. This guy, he was here late. At least, later than most tributes. He was, however, carrying a few items, which must mean there was still something at the Cornucopia. Many tributes were already dead. He counted in his head... nine. That leaves 15 to play. Surely, someone could be lurking at the Cornucopia, but four were obviously not, the girl he was allied with, who he had not yet learned the name of, the Career that earlier passed, this Career, and himself. The Cornucopia would be emptied by nightfall, which was quickly approaching. He knew that if he wanted something else, now would be the only time to get it.

However, as he tried to creep out of the bank, he grew weary, wearier with every step. He managed to make it to a tree but a few feet from the bank and sat behind it, waiting for his ally to follow suit, before the new Career saw them.

View user profile

55 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:34 am

LittleMiss

The Artsy Admin
The Artsy Admin
Oh great, a blood trail is the last thing we need. Fox had no choice but to follow him. She cleaned off the wound and wrapped gauze around his head. She new it was only a matter of time before the bright-red blood made it's way to his side of the bank. And then, he can follow the blood trail. She pulled out a dagger (which she had put away in her pouch) and waited for him to come. How sweet it will be.

56 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:57 am

Meap

The Admin King
The Admin King
"We need to... get to the Cornucopia." Selwyn choked out, about to faint, though he readied his dart, aiming straight for the Career across the bank.

(also, if we die... don't we get turned into Muttations?)

View user profile

57 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:12 am

LittleMiss

The Artsy Admin
The Artsy Admin
((Not always... probably not often either. She didn't expect muttations, remember? Se's probably never heard of that but it's actually a good idea. We can turn into muttations after we die! Brilliant idea, actually))

58 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:56 pm

d00m

The Queer Admin
The Queer Admin
Hearing noises across the bank, Marquain hauled himself up and saw the two other tributes. Great. Though they didn't look very good themselves, he knew that he couldn't take them both in his state. Only one thing left to do, then.

Trying to draw himself straighter, Marquain cringed as he accidentally applied too much weight to his bad leg. Leaning on the spear, the Career tried to speak, but stopped as a wave of pain eminated from his protesting cheek. Steeling himself he gasped out a word.
"Wait."

One word. Very good. Now just a few more. "I- I... propose... an alliance. 2 and 4 Tributes at th- the Cornucopia. No going... back there. I could help you. Even the odds a bit." That is, if I'm able to stand up when the fighting starts. "I have... good sponsors." Probably, anyway. I did good in the training and the interviews, and I put on a good show at the bloodbath. I really hope they drop something now, just to prove the point.

Last edited by d00m on Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

59 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:46 pm

Meap

The Admin King
The Admin King
"Good sponsors? He can't have already gotten gifts." Selwyn whispered to the girl.

View user profile

60 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:46 pm

d00m

The Queer Admin
The Queer Admin
Take the hint, please, PLEASE! I NEED this! Marquain thought urgently. Allies were the greatest advantage his sponsors could provide right now. Then he saw it: a small object drifting down from above. A gift! As it landed, he tore it open excitedly. It was an industrial-strength suture set. Not too expensive, not at this stage of the Games, but they were strong, just what he needed for his leg and cheek. Normal stitches wouldn't withstand the rigor of the Games, but these would, and they might do even better than that: They might just win him allies.

Last edited by d00m on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

61 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:26 pm

LittleMiss

The Artsy Admin
The Artsy Admin
"Proof enough for me. Plus, Careers are pretty strong. Strong enough, at least." Fox said, holding her hand out to shake.

62 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:27 pm

Meap

The Admin King
The Admin King
Selwyn shrugged. He had his dart ready, if the Career... changed his mind.

View user profile

63 Re: The Hunger Games on Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:50 pm

d00m

The Queer Admin
The Queer Admin
Staggering forward slightly, Marquain took the offered hand and shook it. He felt somewhat firmer now that he had a more secure position, and his speech reflected it. "Either of you know anything about how to do stitches? I can do my leg if need be, but not my face. After that, I suggest we look for food and a place to camp out for a while, no more than a day. The fighting at the Cornucopia will sate the audience for now, but if the ball isn't rolling in about a day and a half..."

64 Re: The Hunger Games on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:00 pm

LittleMiss

The Artsy Admin
The Artsy Admin
"Sorry, but I'm better at inflicting wounds then fixing them." Fox said. "But, maybe if I watch you do your leg, I can try with your face." She wasn't exactly the fastest learner, but she was willing to try. How hard could it be, really?

65 Re: The Hunger Games on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:15 pm

d00m

The Queer Admin
The Queer Admin
"Okay." I'm going to regret this horribly. "The first thing to do is to make sure the wound is clean. Wipe it down with some antiseptic, then some numbing solution. Otherwise, it'll hurt a lot worse." Rolling up his pants and removing the needed supplies from his medical kit, Marquain proceeded to do just that. "Once you've done that, you have to wait a minute for the numbing solution to set in. After that, it's not so different from mending clothes. You want to make the stitches tight enough to hold the wound shut while it heals, but not so tight that blood can't reach the wound, or that the suture, or worse, the skin and flesh, breaks under strain. The needles are traumatic, so you'll need to thread them, but the thread is absorbable so you won't need to remove it later. You'll be using this thinner thread for my face, but my leg will need something much thicker. We'd ideally have a needle holder, but that's a luxury we can't afford in the games. So, you'll just stick the needle in like this, push it through, cut it, and tie off the end. Then you make the next stitch next to it." As he finished speaking, Marquain was already beginning to close up his leg wound. In a few minutes, he was done. "Your turn."

66 Re: The Hunger Games on Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:15 pm

LittleMiss

The Artsy Admin
The Artsy Admin
Fox's face turned white, but she made herself try to copy what he did. After the antiseptic and the numbing solution, she waited a long minute. Inside she started panicking that she would do it wrong, but not for the reasons you'd think. If he died, great. She gets all his stuff. She just hates failing. Failure is never an option with her. Plus, a failure looks bad to sponsors. She picked up a needle, threaded it, and started to stitch up the face wound. When she finished, she examined her work. It was mediocre at best, but good enough by her terms. She then turned to Selwyn and readjusted the bandage on his head, since it was hastily put together earlier. She let out an exasperated sigh. Playing doctor wasn't easy.
"Where should we stay for the night?" Fox asked. Not to close to the waterfall, I don't feel like drowning if the Gamemakers decide to have heavy rainfall overnight."

67 Re: The Hunger Games on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:20 pm

d00m

The Queer Admin
The Queer Admin
"The best thing we can do is camp above the waterfall. That way, we have high ground, so we can potentially see enemies coming, and if there's a flood, it will mostly drain off down the waterfall. We'll also have water, which is nice. Plus, this place is good for an ambush, if anyone walks below us. We could even build a fire down there to draw them in, if we think we're up to it. If the Gamemakers use fire, we can dive in the plungepool. In short, this place will make a pretty slick camp for the moment."

68 Re: The Hunger Games on Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:28 am

Meap

The Admin King
The Admin King
"Unless there's a thunderstorm..." Selwyn muttered.

View user profile

69 Re: The Hunger Games on Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:00 pm

LittleMiss

The Artsy Admin
The Artsy Admin
"If you haven't noticed, brainless, there are trees that will get hit first." Fox countered. But she was still unsettled by the idea of setting up camp above the waterfall. It all seemed so perfect... it would be dumb for the Gamemakers not to have some sort of trick placed there. But then again, she thought all Capitol people were dumb, so she just let the thought slip. She agreed to what Marquain said, then realized something. "Isn't it weird that we're in an alliance, but I don't know your names?" Fox said. "I'm Foxglove, but most people just call me Fox."

70 Re: The Hunger Games on Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:33 pm

d00m

The Queer Admin
The Queer Admin
"My name is Marquain."

71 Re: The Hunger Games on Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:40 pm

Meap

The Admin King
The Admin King
"Selwyn. And just to say, trees may be hit first, but considering the high ground level, it would strike us eventually, and I'm sure the Gamemakers have something planned." Selwyn nodded to Fox and Marquain.

(is there gonna be some trick to the arena, like the clock or somethin?)

View user profile

72 Re: The Hunger Games on Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:31 pm

LittleMiss

The Artsy Admin
The Artsy Admin
((Yessir. I don't really want to tell you, though... You know, make it a surprise?))

"What if other tributes kill us off? What if a mutt tears us apart at night? What if? Fox countered in a mocking tone. "It's not good to be too cautious. These are the Games, after all. It's pointless to think to hard." She explains. She watched the sun as it made it's descent. "Night is almost here, and I'd rather make a camp while I can still see. She started climbing back up to where Selwyn and her made the alliance, not bothering to wait for any further objections.

73 Re: The Hunger Games on Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:02 pm

d00m

The Queer Admin
The Queer Admin
Marquain followed, carrying his supplies, cursing whenever his bad leg made him slip.

74 Re: The Hunger Games on Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:03 pm

Meap

The Admin King
The Admin King
"I suppose it's the best time." Selwyn shrugged, and hurried after Fox... the idea of having to possibly drive a dart through the head of this girl made him shudder. He let the thought go and followed.

View user profile

75 Re: The Hunger Games on Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:00 pm

LittleMiss

The Artsy Admin
The Artsy Admin
When Fox reached the top, she helped Marquain and Selwyn get over the edge. She didn't want to seem like she completely didn't care about them, even though she did.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum